Peas and paneer pulaoTweet
Peas and paneer pulao is a nutritious and delicious rice dish. It can be served as a one pot meal with raita or papad as a light accompaniment.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Green peas - 1/2 cup
- Cottage cheese (paneer) - 100 gms (cut into cubes)
- Chopped onions - 1/4 cup
- Chopped tomatoes - 1/4 cup
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Curd - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Star anise - 2
- Bay leaves (tejpatta) - 2 to 3
- Cloves (lavang) - 2
- TO GRIND
- Garlic cloves - 7 to 8
- Ginger - 1 inch small piece peeled
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
Wash and soak basmati rice for half an hour. This helps the grains to be separate while cooking.
Grind garlic, ginger, coconut, green chillies and coriander leaves with little water to make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
Heat ghee in a small pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds. Once it stops spluttering, add cumin seeds, star anise, bay leaves, cloves and saute for half a minute.
Add chopped onions and tomatoes and stir fry for a minute.
Add green peas and mix well.
Add ground masala, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and paneer pieces and combine together.
Add soaked basmati rice, 2 1/2 cups of water and curd and mix well.
Close the lid and pressure cook upto 3 whistles.
Serve hot with raita or papad