Broccoli stir fry recipeTweet
Broccoli is an edible green plant in the cabbage family. It is high in Vitamin C and dietary fibre and it has more nutrients than any other vegetable. The best form of eating this vegetable is to either boil or steam with little spices added to it. The health benefits of broccoli are very extensive. It prevents osteoarthritis, protects your skin against the effects of uv light, reduces cancer risk, protects from heart damage and lot of other benefits. Broccoli is a simply stir fry recipe made with broccoli florets, onions, tomatoes and mild spices.
- Broccoli - 1 (medium size cut into florets)
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing - 1 tablespoon
- Kasoori methi/Dry fenugreek leaves - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
Wash broccoli florets thoroughly. Boil the broccoli florets with sufficient water and salt added to it for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium flame. Strain the water and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering, add chopped onions, curry leaves and ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
Add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and cook for 5 minutes till the tomatoes become soft.
Add boiled broccoli florets and combine together. Cook for another 2 minutes till the spices gets blended with broccoli florets.
Add kasoori methi and coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from heat