Broken wheat/dalia upma recipeTweet
Broken wheat or dalia upma or godhuma rava upma is a healthy and filling breakfast made with broken wheat. Broken wheat is high in fibre or low in fat which helps to keep the digestive system healthy. Broken wheat is made by crushing raw wheat into smaller grains and is widely used for making different recipes in Indian cuisine.
Vegetables added to dalia upma makes it all the more nutritious. Dalia upma is a healthy breakfast to start your day and can be regularly included in your diet.
- Broken wheat/dalia - 1.5 or 1 1/2cups
- Water - 4 cups
- Onion - 1
- Tomato -1
- Mixed vegetables - 1/2 cup (carrot and peas)
- Cooking oil - 3 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Grated ginger - 1 teaspoon or 1 inch ginger piece finely chopped
- Green chillies - 2 (chopped finely)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
Add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become little soft.
Once it is cooked, switch off the flame. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
NOTES : You can also add beans or potato to further enhance the taste.