Cabbage pakora or pakoda recipeTweet
Cabbage pakora or pakoda is a deep fried Indian snack made from cabbage, besan flour, rice flour, red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste. It is a perfect snack with a cup of tea/coffee on a rainy day or on a cold winter day.
- Grated cabbage - 1 cup
- Gram flour/ besan - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking soda - a pinch
- Red chiili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Few curry leaves (chopped into small pieces)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE PAKORA/PAKODA RECIPE Take a mixing bowl. Add gram flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, cooking soda, chilli powder, curry leaves, grated cabbage and salt and mix well.
Add little water to the mixture and make a slightly thick hard batter. The batter should be just enough to coat the cabbage pieces. Keep aside
Heat oil in a deep bottomed kadai. Once the oil is hot enough, drop the batter with your fingers into the oil and bring the flame to medium.