Cabbage rice recipeTweet
Cabbage rice is a simple to make rice dish and can also be done with leftover rice. It is ideal for lunch box or a sumptuous healthy meal and those who do not like cabbage will surely like this rice dish. Cabbage rice is a nutritious and tasty recipe that can be prepared quickly too. So do try this healthy recipe.
- Basmati rice - 2 cups
- Cabbage - 1 cup (chopped finely)
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons and Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped finely)
- Salt to taste
- FOR MASALA
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Red chillies - 3 to 4
- Coriander seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Khus khus (poppy seeds) - 1 teaspoon
- FOR GARNISHING
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Grated coconut - 2 tablespoons
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE RICE RECIPE Wash and soak basmati rice with enough water for 15-20 minutes. Grind coconut, red chillies, garlic cloves, ginger and khuskhus with little water to a smooth paste and keep it aside. (ground masala)
Once pressure is cooled down, remove the cabbage rice in a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut and serve hot.
NOTES: You can use normal rice or left over rice too for this recipe. You can also add garam masala to further enhance the taste.