Aloo baingan ki subziTweet
Aloo baingan sabzi is a very popular North Indian recipe made from brinjals, potatoes and tossed with spices. It makes up for a good side dish for rotis, phulkas or parathas.
- Small eggplants or brinjals or baingan - 10 nos
- Potatoes - 3 to 4
- Cooking oil - 3 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Amchur/raw mango powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
HOW TO MAKE ALOO BAINGAIN RECIPE Wash and chop the brinjals vertically and immerse them in water. This prevents the brinjals from changing to dark colour. Also slice the potatoes vertically and put them in water.
Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped brinjals and potatoes.
Stir fry them for 4-5 minutes. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and mix well.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame for upto 20 minutes stirring in between.
Once the vegetables are fully cooked, add garam masala and amchur powder.
Combine together and cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame.
Switch off the flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.