Idli uppittu or idli upma recipeTweet
Idli upma is a south indian snack made of fresh idlis or leftover idlis. It is a very common breakfast in South India and is very simple to make too. Idli upma is a very delicious dish which can also be had as an evening snack.
- Left over or fresh idlis - 6 nos
- Onion - 1 no (chopped finely)
- Tomato - 1 nos (chopped finely)
- Fresh green peas - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 3 nos (chopped finely)
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Few coriander leaves for garnishing
- Fried cashew nuts - 7 to 8 nos
HOW TO MAKE IDLI UPMA RECIPE Crumble the idlis and set aside
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds stops spluttering, add urad dal and stir fry for a minute till the dal turns light brown.
Add chopped onions and green chillies and stir fry till the onions become translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes, curry leaves, green peas and salt and cook on a medium flame till they become soft.
Add crumbled idlis and lemon juice and mix well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and fried cashew nuts.
Serve idli upma hot plain or with coconut chutney.