Paneer bhurji recipeTweet
Paneer bhurji is a very popular and delicious North Indian side dish for rotis or naans or parathas. It is a protein rich dish which is easy and quick to make. Bhurji means scrambled and hence the name as paneer bhurji as it is made with scrambled paneer or cottage cheese. Paneer bhurji is made with paneer, onions and tomatoes and mildly spiced which makes a good side dish for rotis.
- Paneer/Cottage cheese - 200 gms
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera/cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes - 2 (chopped finely)
- Green chillies - 2 (chopped finely)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dhania-jeera powder (coriander-cumin powder) - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) - 1 teaspoon
HOW TO MAKE PANEER BHURJI RECIPE Grate or crumble the paneer and keep it aside. Chop the green chillies into small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and green chillies. Stir fry for half a minute. Once the seeds stop spluttering, add onions, ginger-garlic paste and fry till onions turn light brown and translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and cook till tomatoes become soft.