Baby potato fryTweet
Baby potato fry is a popular North Indian dish made with baby potatoes and tossed with spices. It is a very simple and quick dish to make. Baby potatoes stir fried and mixed with spices makes an excellent side dish for rotis.
- Baby potatoes - 250 grams
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder -1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 4 tablespoons
HOW TO MAKE BABY POTATO FRY RECIPE Boil the potatoes with sufficient water in a big vessel. Peel the potatoes and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt and fry for 15 to 20 seconds on a low flame.
Add boiled potatoes and mix thoroughly till the potatoes are fully coated with the masala powder and stir fry for 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
Cook the potatoes till you get the perfect consistency.
Serve baby potato fry hot with rotis or rice.