Capsicum paneer masala recipe – how to make capsicum paneer masala recipeTweet
Capsicum and paneer is a very delicious combination for a gravy dish. Capsicum paneer masala is a spicy side dish and a good accompaniment for rotis, naans or parathas. This vegetarian side dish is done in restaurant style, which is very tasty and simple to make.
For more yummy dishes you could also visit my collection of paneer dishes which have been readily catalogued for your easy reference
- Green capsicum - 2 (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Paneer - 200 grams (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- (Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons) and (Kasoori methi - 1 tablespoon)
- FOR TEMPERING/STIR FRY AND GRINDING
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
- Cumin/jeera seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves - 8 nos
- Onions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes - 4 (chopped finely)
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Pav bhaji masala - 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts - 8 nos
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE CAPSICUM PANEER MASALA Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter. Once the seeds changes its colour, add garlic cloves, curry leaves and chopped onions. Stir fry till the onions become translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Cook on a medium flame till the tomatoes become little soft.
Add coriander powder, garam masala, pav bhaji masala and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame.
Add cashew nuts and combine together.
Remove this onion tomato mixture in a separate bowl/plate and allow it to cool down. Grind this mixture into a smooth paste and set aside.
Heat oil in a separate pan. Add capsicum pieces and stir fry till light brown.
Add the ground masala and little water to make a thick consistency. Cook on a low flame for 2 minutes.
Add paneer pieces and mix well. Cook for another 1 minute.
Crush kasoori methi by hand and add to it. Finally add coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the flame.
Serve capsicum paneer masala hot with rotis, naans or parathas.