Simple curry made with cauliflower and mixed with spices. This spicy curry goes well with rotis as well as rice.
- Cauliflower - 1 no (medium size)
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Tomato - 1 (chopped finely)
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 (chopped finely)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut milk - 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
Wash and chop cauliflower into small florets. Boil the florets for 10 to 12 minutes with sufficient water and salt added to water. Once cooled, drain the water and set the florets aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once it stops spluttering, add cumin seeds. Add ginger garlic paste, green chillies and onions and saute till light brown
Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
Add boiled cauliflower florets, green peas, salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder and cook covered for 5 minutes or until soft
Switch off the flame. Add coconut milk and mix together.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis