Masala chaas or spiced buttermilk recipeTweet
Masala chaas is a buttermilk preparation and a perfect cold beverage during summer. It is a salty, spicy and refreshing summer drink made with curd. Ginger, green chillies, asafoetida and mild spices are added to further enhance its taste. Masala chaas helps to cool your body and aids digestion and therefore is a best drink during hot weather. Make chaas a regular part of a meal especially during summer as it is the best refreshing drink.
- Yoghurt/Curd - 1 cup (chilled)
- Green chillies - 1 to 2 (chopped finely)
- Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon (chopped)
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Few springs of curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Water - 2 cups
- Black salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida
HOW TO MAKE MASALA CHAAS RECIPE Grate a 1/2 inch ginger or chop the ginger finely and keep aside.
TIPS: Always serve chaas chilled. It can be had at any time of the day. Adjust the water according to the consistency required.