Mixed vegetable curryTweet
A rich and healthy curry made with fresh vegetables and cooked in a spicy tomato gravy. It goes well with rice as well as rotis.
- Cauliflower - 2 cups (cut into small florets)
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Potatoes - 1 cup (cut into small cubes)
- Onions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes - 5 (blanched and pureed)
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste -1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Fresh milk cream - 4 tablespoons
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Peppercorns - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Kasoori methi - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE MIXED VEGETABLE CURRY Boil cauliflower florets, peas, carrot and potatoes with sufficient water. Add salt and turmeric powder to the water. Boil for 10 minutes or till 3/4th cooked. Drain the water and set aside.
Heat water in a pan on a high heat. Once the water reaches the boiling point, switch off the flame. Add the tomatoes to the water. Close the pan and set aside for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the water, remove the skin and puree the tomatoes by grinding in a mixer and keep aside.
Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. Once it stops spluttering, add bay leaves, cloves and peppercorns and stir fry for half a minute.
Add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook till the onions become light brown. Add pureed tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and cook for few minutes.
Add boiled vegetables, tomato sauce, milk cream and cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame. Check for salt and add accordingly.
Crush kasoori methi by hand and add to the curry and mix well. Remove from heat.
Garnish mixed vegetable curry with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or rice.