Shahi paneer recipeTweet
Shahi paneer is a very popular North Indian dish. It is prepared with paneer in a thick rich gravy made up of onions, tomatoes, almonds, badam and spices. Shahi paneer is served with rotis, naans or chapati.
- Cottage cheese or paneer - 200 gms (cut into cubes)
- Onions - 4 (medium size) (roughly chopped)
- Tomatoes - 6 (medium size) (roughly chopped)
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 (roughly chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Capsicum - 1 small (diced into 1 inch size)
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Almonds or badam - 8
- Raisins - 8
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee - 3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasoori methi - 1 tablespoon (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
HOW TO MAKE SHAHI PANEER RECIPE Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a kadai. Add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and roughly chopped onions and saute till the onions become little translucent.
Add cashewnuts, almonds and raisins and stir fry till cashew nuts become light brown.
Add roughly chopped tomatoes and salt and cook till tomatoes become little soft and oil separates from the edges of the kadai. Switch off the flame.
Remove the mixture in a plate and allow it to cool.
Once the mixture cools down, grind with little water to make a thick paste and keep aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a separate pan. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
Then add diced capsicum and saute it till soft.
Then add cubed paneer and saute for a minute.
Add the ground mixture, turmeric powder and mix well. Add little water according to the desired consistency and combine well
Cook the gravy on a medium flame for another five minutes. Crush kasoori methi by hand and sprinkle on the gravy and mix.
Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve shahi paneer hot with rotis, naans or chapatis.