A popular subzi/vegetable of North India made with potato and fenugreek leaves combined with spices. It goes well with rotis.
- Potatoes - 7 to 8 (medium) (parboiled)
- Fenugreek/methi leaves - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Kasoori methi - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon - 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
Parboil the potatoes with sufficient water. Peel the potatoes and cut into medium pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Shallow fry the cut potatoes pieces and set aside
Clean and chop the fenugreek leaves finely.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. . Add cumin seeds. Once they crackle add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste. Stir fry till the onions become light brown.
Add chopped fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, salt and red chilli powder. Cook on a low flame for 5 to 6 minutes till the fenugreek leaves are cooked.
Add fried potato pieces, garam masala and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame.
Add kasoori methi and combine together. Remove from heat
Add lemon juice and serve hot with rotis