Bendekai raita or bhindi raitaTweet
Raita is an accompaniment for rice, pulao or biryani. Bhindi raita is made with ladyfinger, yogurt and seasoned with spices and is generally served chilled.
- Ladyfinger/bhindi/okra - 1 cup (sliced into thin rounds)
- Whisked yogurt - 2 cups
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil - 5 teaspoons
Heat 4 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add the okra and fry till it turns golden brown.
Remove the fried okra in a serving bowl. Let it cool down. Add yogurt and mix together.
Add salt, cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds and saute them till it starts spluttering.
Add to the raita and serve chilled.
Note : Bhindi raita can be served with variety of rice dishes.