Kadai paneer recipeTweet
Kadai paneer recipe is one of the easiest recipe made with paneer and capsicum and cooked in a spicy masala gravy. It is a great side dish for rotis and naans. Kadai paneer can be made either dry or semi dry according to the preference. Only the spices has to be well coated with the paneer pieces. It is also best served with pulao or any special rice preparations. If you get good and soft paneer pieces, this dish tastes excellent. Adjust the spices according to your spice level.
- Paneer (cottage cheese) - 200 gms (cut into cubes)
- Capsicum (Green bell pepper) - 1 (chopped into medium pieces)
- Onions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes - 3 (chopped into medium pieces)
- Coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small piece
- Cloves - 2
- Whole red chillies - 3
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Kasoori methi - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato sauce - 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Milk cream - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, red chillies. Crush lightly the coriander seeds and add to the seasoning. Saute for a minute.
Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions become translucent.
Add tomatoes, capsicum, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on a medium flame till the capsicum becomes slightly tender.
Add paneer pieces, milk cream, tomato sauce, garam masala and kasoori methi (slightly crushed by hand). Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.