Pizza sandwich recipe – Perfect kids lunchbox recipeTweet
Pizza sandwich is a very easy and quick sandwich recipe which is healthy too with all vegetables added to it. It is a perfect evening snack for kids as they will surely love this sandwich.
- Whole wheat bread or brown bread - 10-15 slices
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup (grated or chopped finely)
- Carrot - 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
- Onion - 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
- Tomato - 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
- Semolina or sooji - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 2 (chopped finely)
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oregano - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cheese - as per requirement
- Salt to taste
- Mint/pudina chutney - 1/2 cup
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SANDWICH RECIPE Take semolina in a bowl. Add milk to it and soak for about 2 hours. Keep it aside
In a mixing bowl, add cabbage, carrot, capsicum, onions and tomatoes and mix well. Add salt, pepper powder, oregano, green chillies and mix well. Now add soaked semolina and mix thoroughly. Set aside. (the consistency should not be very watery or thin consistency)
For mint chutney, combine a few leaves of coriander and mint, 1 green chilly, 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds, 10-12 peanuts, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and salt. Grind all to make a thick paste and mint chutney is ready
After 2 minutes, flip on the other side and grate the cheese on the top of the bread. Heat on a low flame for another 1 minute till the base gets little crispier. Remove from the pan into a serving plate.
NOTES : You can also use white bread, but brown bread is a healthier version of this sandwich.
I am very delighted to inform that my pizza sandwich recipe has been featured in an ebook published in indusladies. The recipe book includes 100 easy and simple recipes contributed by best Indian bloggers and 30 printable lunch box notes for your kids. Do try these recipes..