Potato capsicum or aloo shimla mirch recipeTweet
Potato capsicum or aloo shimla mirch recipe is a very tasty and easy recipe to make. It make a good accompaniment for rotis or phulkas. Aloo shimla mirch subzi is a semi dry sabzi which is made with potatoes and capsicum and mixed with Indian spices.
- Potatoes - 4
- Green capsicum - 4
- Onions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes - 2 (chopped finely)
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
HOW TO MAKE ALOO SHIMLA MIRCH OR POTATO CAPSICUM RECIPE Wash and cut the capsicum into 1 inch cubes. Peel and cut the potatoes into medium cubes of the same size as capsicum. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to crackle, add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute for some time till the onions become translucent.
Add tomatoes and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
Add potatoes and 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
Once the potatoes are half cooked, add capsicum and mix well. Cook covered for another 5 minutes.
Once the vegetables are cooked and water is fully absorbed by the vegetables, add garam masala and mix well and cook for a minute. Switch off the flame.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve aloo shimla mirch hot with rotis, phulkas or parathas.