Raw mango dal recipeTweet
Raw mango dal made with raw mango and lentils gives a very sour and delicious taste to the dal and also gives a unique flavour to the dal. It is very popular in Andhra Pradesh. Raw mango dal goes well with plain rice as well as rotis and generally made in summer season. Do try this simple and yummy dal recipe…..
- Raw green mango - 1 (small sized) (cut into small pieces)
- Toor dal or arhar dal - 1 cup
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Green chillies - 3 to 4 (chopped finely)
- Garlic cloves - 5 (chopped finely)
- Curry leaves - 1 string
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
HOW TO MAKE RAW MANGO DAL RECIPE Wash and soak toor dal for half an hour. Add turmeric powder to dal and pressure cook the dal with enough water upto 4 whistles.
Once pressure cools down, mash the boiled dal and keep aside.
Then add chopped onions and cook on a medium flame till they become translucent. Add chopped mango pieces and salt and mix well. Sprinkle little water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes till the raw mango becomes little soft.
Now add mashed dal, and little water to bring it to medium consistency. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame or till the dal comes to a nice boil.
NOTES; Soaking toor dal in water before cooking helps to cook the dal faster. Cook the chopped mangoes till soft and not overcook them. Add lots of garlic cloves as it gives a good flavor to the dal.