Rice pakora recipeTweet
Rice pakora is an instant and easy snack made with cooked rice, besan, onions and spices. This snack becomes handy when you have to make a snack quickly as the ingredients needed are easily available at home. Rice pakora is a perfect evening snack which can had on its own or with tomato sauce or any chutney of your choice.
- Cooked rice or leftover rice - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 (medium) (chopped finely)
- Green chillies - 2
- Ginger (adrak) - 1 inch (grated or chopped finely)
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Gram flour/besan - 4 tablespoons
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Chaat masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Remove them in an absorbent towel or tissue paper to remove excess oil.
NOTES : You can add red chilli powder instead of green chillies. Mashing the rice helps to get soft pakoras.