Sprouted green gram (moong) kadhi recipeTweet
Kadhi is a North Indian dish originated in Rajasthan. It is a spicy dish where thick gravy is made from gram flour or besan and vegetables or pakoras are added to it. Sour curds are added to give it little sour taste and more flavour. Here I have added sprouted green moong to the spicy gravy to get a healthier and tastier kadhi. You can also add fried ladysfinger to the kadhi which is then bhindi ka kadhi. Gujarati kadhi is made preferably from buttermilk which also gives a more smooth texture. Do try sprouted green gram kadhi and make it more nutritious with addition of sprouts.
- Sprouted green gram (moong) - 1 cup
- Sour curds - 2 cups
- Gram flour or besan - 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder - 2-3 teaspoons
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Grated or chopped ginger - one inch small piece
- Cooking oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chillies - 4
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Fenugreek or methi seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Remove the kadhi in a serving bowl.