Sweet corn and paneer sabzi recipeTweet
Sweet corn is high in carbohydrates and has moderate amount of dietary fibre and important minerals. Sweet corn paneer subzi is made with boiled sweet corn, cottage cheese, onions, tomatoes and spices. It goes well with rotis, naans, chapatis and even rice dishes like pulao or jeera rice.
- Sweet corn (boiled) - 1 cup
- Paneer (cottage cheese) - 1 cup (paneer cut into 1/2 inch piece)
- Cooking oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 2 (chopped finely)
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder - 1teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CORN PANEER SUBZI Boil sweet corn kernels with sufficient water till they become soft. Drain the water and keep aside
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Once the seeds start to change the colour, add chopped onions and stir fry till onions become translucent.
Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for half a minute.
Add chopped tomatoes and cook on a medium flame till they become soft.
Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and coriander pwoder and mix well.
Add boiled corn and little water and cook for 2 -3 minutes till the masala igets well blended with the corn.
Add paneer pieces and garam masala powder and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes on a low flame. Add chopped coriander leaves and combine together. Switch off the flame.
Serve sweet corn paneer subzi hot with chapatis or rotis.