Diwali sweets and snacks recipes – diwali recipes collection 2016Tweet
Diwali or deepavali is an ancient hindu festival and the brightest festival of India. This festival signifies the victory of light over darkness. Diwali is an important festival for Hindus and this year it falls on 30th October 2016. Diwali represents the awareness of inner light within a person when ignorance is pushed aside by understanding and enlightenment.
The five days of Diwali :
- Day 1 – Dhanteras – the start of the financial year for most Indian businesses and is also the day of worship of the goddess of wealth, Lakshmi.
- Day 2 – Naraka Chaturdasi – this is the day of cleansing. Oil baths are taken, people put on new clothes and food delicacies are prepared.
- Day 3 – Diwali – Laxmi puja – The day of the new moon – Amavasya
- Day 4 – Kartika Shudda Padyami – the day recognised when the tyrant, Bali, stepped out of hell and ruled the earth.
- Day 5 – Yama Dvitiya (or Bhai Dooj) is the day when love is symbolised between brothers and sisters.
Diwali is incomplete without sweets and snacks. I have compiled a list of Diwali snacks and sweets. Click on the link for the recipe page.
As your celebrate this holy occasion, the most loving thoughts and wishes are for you… May the beauty of Diwali fill your world and your heart and may the love that is always yours, bring you endless joy. Have A Wonderful Diwali And New Year!