Aloo or potato gravy subziTweet
Aloo gravy subzi or potato curry is made with potatoes, gram flour, curd and spiced with green chillies, red chilli powder and garam masala. It is very simple and easy to make and a tasty side dish for rotis and puris.
- Potatoes - 5 (medium sized)
- Gram flour or besan - 4 tablespoons
- Cooking oil - 4 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Green chilli and ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Thick curd - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves -2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE ALOO GRAVY SUBZI OR POTATO CURRY RECIPE Pressure cook potatoes with enough water upto 4 whistles. Peel and chop the boiled potatoes into medium pieces and keep it aside.
Then add curd and water. Simmer on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
NOTES : Ensure the boiled potatoes are just soft and not too mushy. Gram flour has to be stirred till the raw smell goes away completely, otherwise you will not get a good taste.