A spicy cabbage recipe
- Cabbage -1 (medium)
- Onion - 1 (chopped finely)
- Tomatoes - 2 (chopped finely)
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Chop the cabbage into small pieces and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add cumin seeds and stir fry for half a minute.
Add chopped onions and saute till they become translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add chopped cabbage, salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and combine well.
Sprinkle little water and cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add garam masala powder and cook for a minute. Switch off the flame
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.