Sweet corn paneer masala recipeTweet
Sweet corn is one of the finest source of dietary fibre and also contains good levels of Vitamin B complex group of vitamins. Sweet corn paneer masala is made with sweet corn and cottage cheese in a spicy gravy. It is a very simple and healthy curry which goes well with rotis, naans or parathas.
- Sweet corn kernels - 2 cups
- Paneer or cottage cheese - 200 gms (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Tomato ketchup - 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
- Cooking oil - 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Bay leaf (tejpatta) - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Onions -2
- Tomatoes - 4 (blanched and pureed)
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies - 2 (slit vertically)
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CORN PANEER MASALA Boil sweet corn kernels with sufficient water till they become tender. Drain the excess water and set aside
Grind the onions and make a paste of it. Blanch the tomatoes and make a puree of tomatoes.
Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and once the seeds starts spluttering, add bay leaves, cloves and fry for few seconds.
Add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, slit green chillies and stir fry till the onion paste changes its colour to light brown.
Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well and cook on a low flame till oil separates from the masala.
Add little water to the gravy. Then add boiled corn, garam masala and tomato ketchup and combine together.
Add paneer pieces and fresh cream. Mix well and cook on a low flame for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve sweet corn paneer masala hot with rotis, naans or parathas.