Sweet corn curryTweet
Sweet corn curry is made with boiled sweet corn kernels, onions, curd and besan and mildly spiced with Indian spices. It is an excellent side dish for rotis, chapatis as well as flavoured rice or pulao. Sweet corn curry is very simple to make and can be cooked quickly.
- Boiled sweet corn kernels - 2 cups
- Cooking oil - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- TO GRIND
- Onions - 2 (medium sized)
- Garlic cloves - 5 nos
- Ginger - 1 inch small piece (peeled)
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- FOR CURD BESAN MIXTURE
- Thick curd - 1 cup (whisked)
- Besan/bengalgram flour - 2 tablespoons
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CORN CURRY RECIPE Chop the onion into medium pieces. Grind the chopped onion, ginger, garlic cloves and green chillies with little water to make a smooth paste. (onion mixture) Keep aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the whisked curd and besan and mix well. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and saute on a medium flame for half a minute.
Once the seeds stop spluttering, add onion mixture and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, till the raw smell goes away. Keep stirring in between.
Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
Then add curd besan mixture and boiled sweet corn kernels and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.