Tomato chutney recipeTweet
A south indian style preparation of chutney for idlis and dosas.
- Tomatoes - 5 nos (chopped)
- Split bengal gram (chana dal) - 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chillies - 2 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 string of curry leaves
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO CHUTNEY RECIPE Heat oil in a pan. Add chana dal, red chillies. Saute it till light brown.
Add tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes becomes soft. Add salt, curry leaves, turmeric powder and mix well and cook for a minute.
Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool down. Grind this mixture to a smooth paste. Add sugar and mix well.
Season the chutney with asafoetida and mustard seeds.
You can store tomato chutney for 3 to 4 days.