Thondekai palya or tendli fry recipeTweet
Tindora or thondekai stir fried with grated coconut and spices.
- Thondekai/Tindora - 500 gms
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Groundnuts - 1/4 cup
- Whole red chillies - 4 nos
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
HOW TO MAKE THONDEKAI PALYA OR TENDLI FRY Wash and cut the vegetable into thin round slices. Pressure cook them without any water upto 2 whistles.
Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds. Once it stops spluttering, add cumin seeds and stir fry for a minute.
Add ground nuts, red chillies and stir till groundnuts turn light brown.
Add the thondekai pieces, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and cook on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add sugar, grated coconut and mix well. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle lemon juice and serve thondekai palya hot with rice or rotis.